Caves

Son La Travel Blog

Walked around Son La today, which was bigger than I expected.  Eventually we found some cave that had an ancient poem and stuff in it and it was really dark and scary even with my waterproof torch. On the way we had to walk down a dirt track past a sub-village and we found a really dirty 50 ‘dollar’ note on the floor. After we got back and cleaned it up we realised it was fake (I think we realised before but just wanted to hope). We still kept it anyway because it’s a good ‘Monopoly’ addition.

Tried to find another cave and ended up in some little town thing down a dirt track and there were loads of scary dogs around that followed us for half an hour, and loads of kids that called out “Chao Ongggggggg” to us (Hello). We actually took such a wrong path we were cycling across a paddy field- well, the path between paddy fields, not actually through the wet clay. However, we eventually found a way out and were soon on our way back home. I realise I’ve become accustomed to saying  ‘home’ for every new town we go to, not matter how long or short our stay is. I like it.

Son La