Best Cake Ever

Kampot Travel Blog

Decided to leave Kep for Kampot today so waited on the side of the road to flag down the bus and jump on it like we always see people doing. A tuk-tuk guy came (not David thank god) and offered to take us there for $5 (cheaper than the bus) so we got on with these other 2 guys and all our bags which again resulted in my legs not fitting so I just hung them outside the- whatever you call the car of a tuk-tuk - in the fresh air. Arrived at Kampot half an hour later and got Mr Tuk-tuk to take us to cheap street where we looked around until we found a nice room for $6 and then went for walkies where we found David's sidekick right outside our hotel. Creepy. Walked down the river front and to a book shop and then Epic Arts Cafe, which is another charity run cafe. This one originated in London and is run by deaf and disabled people. We stayed there for ages and had carrot cake, brownies and tea. Simply put, it was the best carrot cake in the world.

After that we meandered around town and I bought an 8GB USB memory stick thing, which hopefully should hold all my photos. Went back and watched movies and slept. (Edit: It did indeed hold all my photos- it also got a virus and temporarily deleted all my photos until I recovered them all individually. Damn computer viruses.)
wangwei says: