AsiaVietnamHanoi

Back To Hanoi

Hanoi Travel Blog

Left Son La for Hanoi this morning, bus was surprisingly empty so I actually got a seat to myself. Got dumped in some random bus station where the vultures (motorbike, motorbike guys) attacked us. Got lost until some really helpful guy who wasn't trying to sell us anything told us what bus to get on. Three cheers for honesty. Livia and I hadn't been to the toilet in like 12 hours so we were trying desperately not to wet ourselves on the rickity bus. Succeeded thank god. We got off the bus early because our bladders were bursting and bombarded into a tourist booking office and used their toilets, where Livia unfortunately left her jumper (she has another one though so she won't freeze.)

Went to Vietnam Airlines office and booked a flight to Hue for 26th, bus and train were both like 15 hours and we just couldn't be bothered. It was only twice the price for flight (okay it was like 60USD) but it was our Christmas present. It was fun trying to pronounce it, we sort of say like a cheery celebration type of "Waaay" but obviously that's so so wrong. Checked back into Hanoi Backpackers hostel and went to a bia hoi (surprise) where we met some guy who drinks in the same pubs as me back home in tiny town! Turned out he was staying in the same hostel as us as well. What a small world.

Hanoi