Day 1: Getting there...

Stockholm Travel Blog

View from our hotel window.

Brussels Airlines is my favorite airline company because it can get you relatively cheap to many locations in Europe without all the hassle or additional costs of the really-low-cost companies. They also have their hub at Brussels Airport, which is only about an hour by train for us... providing those run on time.

But we made it relatively easy to the airport, used the new Internet check-in, deposited our luggage and then had an overpriced cup of coffee while waiting for our plane to leave.

We arrived at Bromma Airport close to 7pm, got out of the plane and then had to walk accross the tarmac towards the arrival hall, while planes were queing up less than 30 feet away. It was all a bit surreal. We walked into the building and then waited for our luggage to arrive.

I had booked us tickets for the airport bus, or Flygbussarna, on-line the day before, so when we boarded the bus to Center Town, I just showed the paper to the driver (who had very amiable greeted us with "Hej, hej!!") and he typed in the number on his console, said 'alright, you're all set. Have a seat. You guys got a map?", didn't wait for an answer and gave us both a free city map.

Ten minutes later, he dropped us off at City Terminalen, where we grabbed a muffin and a cup of strong coffee and then bought tickets for the subway or Tunnelbana. We took the green line 4 stops south to Skanstull and checked in to the amazingly luxurious Clarion Hotel, which we had booked through Expedia with a special "pay for 2 nights and stay 3 nights".

We hadn't been in our room for 3 minutes when the phone rang and front desk wanted to know if we liked the room.

Oh yeah. And our first impression of Stockholm was extremely positive. We couldn't wait to explore the city.

Chokk says:
I agree on SN Brussels - I use them a lot:)
Posted on: Dec 08, 2008
Stockholm Hotels & Accommodations review
Excellent Design Hotel in Südermalm
Described as "Stockholm's Art Hotel N°1", this is an excellent place to stay when visiting Stockholm. The ultra-modern hotel is located only 20 meter… read entire review
Stockholm