dubai 2008

Dubai Travel Blog

i was very excited for my dubai trip. i was looking forward to seeing my youngest brother after 4 years. it was in 2004 that we last saw each other. he went to work in dubai while i went to work in lagos, nigeria. i arrived at dubai at around 4am, and even if it was such an early morning, i can feel the heat already. i was there august, the  height of summer in dubai so to speak. on my first day, i visited several of their shopping malls, and i enjoyed hunting for items to bring to some friends back home. my brother took me to the desert safari. we went to these beautiful sand dunes. i experienced riding a camel albeit a short period of time only, then the quad bike ride, which is exhilaring for me and then it was capped with a dinner. i made some new friends as well that night. i also went to a city tour of dubai, seeing the iconic 7 burj al arab made the trip for me plus the going to the gold souk and other usual tourist attraction like ski dubai. in between sightseeing, i was also seeing some good friends back in the good ol' university days who are now based in dubai. i met one friend at chilis, and we enjoyed the steak; another friend at food rockers, and i'm telling you the burgers were ginormous :) another set of friends met at baskin and robbins and nandos where we enjoyed the chicken peri peri. all in all, dubai was an enjoyable trip because i met up once again with beloved family and friends. my stay in dubai this 2008 might just be for a week, but in my heart, i am carrying those beautiful memories for a thousand and one night even till infinity and beyond ;)

nanie05 says:
Very interesting blog..
marix_sublime says:
i did have a really good time. my brother is back in manila now. that is where is he working now. thanks for taking the time to read this blog :)
nanie05 says:
How nice and poignant too, to be reunited with your brother.
I can imagine how hot it was in August.
You sound like you had a good time!