Praha

Prague Travel Blog

me on the Charles Bridge
We woke up early the next day, 06:30, to go down to breakfast we had ordered the night before. It was only 10CZK and for the price was very nice! We then set off around Prague before the tourists (or locals!) were up. It was quite weird looking at the statues on the Charles Bridge and up at the castle with no one else around. The freezing temperatures meant we had had to wrap up warm but soon enough the sun came up and it was a very, very warm day!

We enjoyed going round the old town, watching the clock strike the hour and a lot of figures popping out dancing and going back inside their tiny doors again. My girlfriend, Sam, studied art and so we went off in search of some brochures and information for her research project; the Andy Warhol exhibition at a museum right on the river was particularly fascinating.

After lunch, we went up to the castle, a truly fabulous place with a huge Cathedral inside. The views down to Prague itself were simply breathtaking. Well worth the trek up the hillside to get there!

After wandering around the main shopping area in the late afternoon we stumbled across a free art exhibition that beat all the rest - every sculpture was made entirely of red bull cans! We headed back to the hotel to get changed for dinner ( we ate diner on an amazing little hotel/boat on the river) and another early night - no rest for the wicked and so we had to get up early the next day to travel on to our next destination: Bratislava.
Alleyway in Prague