Luxembourg Travel Blog

Luxembourg City
Frankfurt-Hahn Airport doesn't have a train station so we thought we might not be able to make it to Luxembourg after all. However, a quick text to a friend with internet access told us that we could catch a bus to Luxembourg City from the bus station next to the airport. We managed to catch the bus and went on our way, again to a new country.

We arrived in Luxembourg City just before lunch. First we booked our return train tickets to Lauterbach, Germany where our mini tour would end and then we put our luggage in one of those automatic luggage lockers you see in most major stations. We set off around Luxembourg City knowing we had around 6 hours before we would have to depart again.

Luxembourg is a very strange place. I don't think anyone knows which language to speak in! On numerous occasions we found ourselves needing to talk to a person and not knowing whether to speak in French or German! In some cases (like on a beer mate in one bar we went in) every other word in the sentence belonged to a different language!

Luxembourg on a whole was very nice. Beautiful scenery, nice bars and restaurants and plenty of shops to look around. Unfortunately, prices reflected this brilliant little country and it was rather expensive. Once we had walked round, seeing the palace and other sights, posted a few postcards and enjoyed a drink or two in one of the bars it was time to head back to the station and prepare to leave for Germany once again.
me in Luxembourg