Going for another long drive

Fox Glacier Travel Blog

Sunday, 21 December 2008

6:58 a.m.

Today we are planning for Fox Glacier and on the way planning to take a look at the Pancake rocks.

We went to the Pancake rocks at Punakaiki, it was some new experience as none of us has ever seen something quite like those rocks. The rocks really do look like pancakes stacked together in layers

21/12/2008, 7:00 p.m.

We also went to the Fox Glacier, we tried to go as close but there has been some land slide that had some warnings to say do not pass this point, but my Mum really does not really care and just went straight for the glacier, then I followed then everyone went for it. We all saw it then went out. We went down an alternative path to view the Fox Glaciers as it had a different perspective view of the glaciers formation.

The Mt Cook View Motel really can view the Mt Cook and also its adjacent mountain Mt Tasman. The Motel seems to be a pretty good quality, however its wireless internet is not strong enough to be picked by my laptop in the room that we were allocated.

21/12/2008, 9:00 p.m.

We also went to Lake Matheson, which really was what it looked like on pictures, it really does reflect, we all wondered why it reflect so well. I finally settled down to first it being so still and secondly being it is so clear and lastly due to the chemical composition of the water being such that the reflection angle is just right for complete mirror like reflection to the viewer on the shore.

Fox Glacier