Chatting with others who knows

Auckland Travel Blog

Today I chatted with other people who knows and is in general happy about my current arrangements. I probably do not have time to go the the French town and see yellow eyed penguins, but I would be able to do a lot of other things.  There are other families who I know is also planning to go the South, they are however taking the airplane route, and will head directly to Queenstown then stay there for five days then return to Auckland.

My plan is as follows for our group, consisting of 1 seven year old, 1 toddler and 5 adults. The plan are as follows:
  • We will drive to Wellington from Auckland, then cross the strait and stay at Picton for the night.
  • the next day arrive at Fox Glacier, take some photo of the Lake Matheson and the glacier view.
  • then head for Queenstown, on the way spend time in Puzzling World in Wanaka, Arriving at Queenstown have a gondola ride up the mountain.
  • The next day go to Arrowtown for some Chinese gold history and look around Queenstown for fun.
  • The next day go and have the famous Milford cruises and stay at Te Anau
  • The next day go to Bluff for some photo of the most southern point, and then head for Oamaru, where we see some little penguin at night.
  • The next day go to Mt Cook, take some photos and arriving at Lake Tekapo, go with gazing at the night sky trip, stay there for the night
  • Then the next day go to Christchurch, have the Avon river punting and rails
  • The next day go to Hanmer Springs for some Hot pool,
  • The next day still at Hanmer Springs, have a golf game and horse riding.
  • The next day go to Picton, tour the Marlborough wines and view.
  • The next day, the twelveth day, head back to Auckland.
All accomodations are reserved or paid. The Milford cruise is also paid
Auckland