Auckland, Our Home

Auckland Travel Blog

We left Picton early for the Interislander, then had some great views heading towards Wellington on the ferry. Although the ferry this time is different, it provided the same level of facilities, these include a cinema, dining places, children's area, video games, viewing decks and beverage store.

After landing in Wellington, we headed straight for Taupo.

Taupo

On the way we stopped at a stop beside Lake Taupo, there were a swan and two small swans, obviously a family near the shore, this is the first time I have seen small swans.

We had MacDonalds for lunch, it was fulfilling, as we approached northward we realised that there is increasing number of Pacific Islander people as well as other people, that is there is increased diversity in cultures of people.

We did not stop much with my Dad and Andy swapping being the driver every now and then, we arrived in our Auckland home, where my parents cooked a New Year dinners for all of us.

Home Sweet Home

5/01/2009, 5:39 p.m.

We all had many rests after arriving home safe and sound. I began my interest in Astronomy which I found some great website from the local observatory's website, which linked me to some night sky charts and satellite passings for the night.

I also made use of the Metservice to predict a good night of viewing. It was pretty accurate.

I am also started my work at Power Electronics lab again today. I saw Ying who just came back from her overseas studies.

Auckland