Arriving at Picton

Picton Travel Blog

Saturday, 20 December 2008

10:30 p.m.

Today we took the Interislander from wellington to Picton, it was getting pretty dark at the end, but with the help of a GPS travel guide and my map reading skills, we overcame several hurdles along the way. Now I really see the benefit of having a GPS on board as it really points out a new alternative path quickly when on one of the paths there was a head-on collision and we had to look for an alternative path. Because we were trying to catch up with the Interislander, it made the situation tense, but with the help of the GPS, we quickly found an alternative path to go to Wellington for the Interislander ferry.

It is so sad to see two car accidents along the way, so we should make sure that we rest every two hours to ensure that the driver can respond quickly to traffic disasters.

The ferry can hold many cars, it has children's playground, cinema, bar, café and food court. Surrounding the level 7 passengers are able to walk around and view the outside on the outside deck. I was very amazed at the size of the ferry, once I was on it, it felt like a building, well it was actually a building as it had elevators and 10 floors in total. The sun deck on the peak was not open because it will only open during day time rather than the night time like we were.

The bar lady was pretty nice to offer us some hot water to make some instant noodle, which I really appreciated as it was the only hot food we had for the day. Other than that it was all  chicken drumsticks, boiled eggs and Chinese Baozi (pie)

AAA Marlin Motel seems to be pretty nice place once we arrived at about 11pm, I had a quick shower to get rid of all the sweat and stuff, there were two bedrooms and a dining room. Each bed holds two people while the dinning room has two singles where my sister and I had one each.

Picton