The first day off the boat

Barbados Travel Blog

Barbados was absolutely beautiful and I was glad that I was off the ship and I had my luggage. I didn't have any specific plans but the beach because I had to be back to the ship and to work at 1pm so that did not give me much time. My cabinmate, Carrie wanted to go explore downtown as she had to be back by 12 and so we walked into town and she showed me the place all the crew like to go, The Boatyard. It was only about a 10-15 min walk from the ship. It was $5 for me to get in because I am crew, and I get a free ticket for a drink so basically I just paid for my drink. There were lawnchairs and  umbrellas and a big trampoline and iceberg in the water and a ropeswing off the dock. The tramp and iceberg were SUPER fun, but the ropeswing was not working because the tide was too low. The weather did not start out too good, it was sprinkling during the morning but by about 11am, it was a gorgeous day! I was totally bummed that I had to head back to the ship so soon but I still managed to get some sun and even a little burn that lasted for a few days. I had to find my own taxi back to the ship as the free shuttle does not start until 1pm, but luckily the cab was there just as I was coming out to head back.