Back where we started...

Braunschweig Travel Blog

The journey back was not so bad. Learning from experience we got on the coach early and pushed our chairs right back. The coach was nowhere near as full so no one had to suffer bad leg room behind us! Since we were leaving at around 16:00 on the 30th we were able to see more of Poland by daylight and some truly beautiful scenery. I would recommend Poland to anyone, especially Krakow. An amazing city.

Finally we arrived back in Braunschweig at around 03:30 the following day. Since the first trains back to Fulda weren't until around 05:30, this meant sleeping in the station for two hours before catching the train back. We set our alarms so not to miss our trains but we needed have bothered; the drunks coming back to catch the trains to the smaller villages around Braunschweig came into the station at around 5 and we couldn't get much sleep from then on.

Finally, at around midday I arrived back in Lauterbach (Hesse) and went straight to bed, sleeping right though until the next morning when I had to get up for work.

A tiring but fantastic experience which has given me a lot of confidence to travel and explore using all sorts of transport, meeting all sorts of people and enjoying all sorts of cultures. The journey was tough but it was well worth it in the end.
photo by: denisx