What's a great way to spend your last day in Sydney? At Bondi Beach of Course!

Sydney Travel Blog

splashing around in the waves

For my last day in Sydney, I was contemplating a few options. One being the wildlife park, one being the aquarium, or one being lazy and laying on the beach. Sunday night, me, Mike and Anton decided to make it a beach day.

For anyone travelling in Sydney, the best way to get around is to buy a ticket before you get on a bus and go on one of the many "prepaid" buses. The bus ride on a normal bus to the beach took almost exactly an hour, whereas the ride on the prepaid bus took just about a half hour. We learned our lesson on the way to the beach not to take a normal bus ever again!

The beach was pretty busy but not quite as busy as the day before. It makes sense seeing as it was a monday and a few degrees cooler than the day before. We pretty much just spent a few hours laying in the sun, then jumping around in the waves and then laying back on the beach. It seems to be one of my favourite ways to spend my time in Australia.

After regretfully leaving the beach, we headed back to the city and I got my things so I could take the train to the airport. Dion met up with us outside my hotel and he, Anton and Mike walked me to my train. Thanks for the send off guys ... sightseeing won't be the same without you!!

view from our sun baking spot