More kangaroos and lots of rocks

Dunsborough Travel Blog

 › entry 58 of 59 › view all entries
As we're both signed up for the City to Surf run at the end of the month, it was decided that we should take a break from driving, eating and wine drinking to fit in a run during the weekend. Dave thought it would be fun to take the random dirt path from behind the owner's house (that resembled an old logging road) and see where that brought us. Probably less than a kilometre into the run we ended up on a paved road. I wasn't feeling up for the running the same pace as him so I told him to head on ahead of me and I'd meet him back at the house. Well a few km into it, I was starting to worry that I wasn't going to find the right road and our accommodation. My instructions were 'turn right and then another right and then the driveway was after the big tree". I was hoping that after awhile he'd know to come find me.

Well thanks to my expert navigating skills and the fantastic directions (minus the turn left at the big tree, which is in the middle of the woods), I found my way home.
It was so peaceful out on the road and reminded me of the road my momma lives on, although this one was paved and I was constantly looking for kangaroos!

After a big breakfast and time cleaning up the house, we set out for another day of exploring. After a short tour of Dunsborough, we went to the local golf course in search of more kangaroos. After walking for about 10 minutes, I was a bit worried we weren't going to see any. Well I was in for quite the surprise when all of a sudden we saw about a dozen of them. YAY!

After some time at Sugarloaf rock, we headed in search of some food. We decided on Wise Winery, near Bunker Bay and after seeing the restaurant, decided to eat there. This restaurant had a view of the ocean (off in the distance) and a view of the vineyard.
Another fine meal, although not as good as the meal at Flutes restaurant the day before, we set off for home.

About a week after I walked the Bussleton Jetty in April, they made an announcement to say it was closed for repairs. I wanted to see if I could see any of the work going on so we made a quick stop. The wind was way to strong for any construction work to be going on for a 1.8km long jetty.

About 3 hours later we were back to Perth. I'm quite sure I could have stayed down in the Margaret River area for another couple weeks or so but back to work we go!

Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
photo by: kat_mac27