Hunter Valley Winery

Hunter Valley Travel Blog

winery

We had another long day of driving and a two hour stopover at a winery in Hunter Valley, approximately two hours north of Sydney.

We had wine tasting at the main wine shop, which was interesting at 11am! We had lunch at a restaurant overlooking the area, which was quite  beautiful. There's a large garden to walk through that has a waterfall (or so the sign says), but it cost money and we didn't have much time, so we went to a driving range instead. There are baskets set up in the water and if you get a ball into one, you win a prize. Between the 5 people hitting balls, not one of us got any in the baskets.

We then had to say goodbye to Hunter Valley and get back on the bus.

Two more hours until Sydney!!

We arrived into the city and had a group photo on a small hill with the bridge and the opera house in the background. We were all quite surprised with the temperature difference between even Hunter Valley and Sydney. I was wearing a small sundress when I should have had on jeans and a long sleeve shirt!

We then got back on the bus and had two drop off and lots of goodbyes. A few of us went to the train station to find our way to our accomodations. Out of 32 people, I don't think there were many people actually staying in the same acccomodation. I was the only one staying out in Kings Cross, also known as backpackers mecca. I got the train out and my hostel was surprisingly easy to find.

The hostel itself isn't too bad, with a large common area and tons of people in it. My room wasn't so nice, with 6 bunks in a room made for about 4. I met my roommates, including a crying girl whose boyfriend (also staying in the room) had broken up with her by apparently kissing some other girl the night before. I was tired and just wanted to sleep and well didn't get a whole lot of sleep. I spent the evening washing clothes and trying to find a hotel. Even though I had paid for two nights, I left after one night to have a room to myself.

YAY .. no more hostels for two nights!

Horus380 says:
the golfing looked like fun
Posted on: Jan 15, 2009