Busselton, home of the not so safe Jetty

Busselton Travel Blog

Monday was reserved for exploring the area around Busselton. I looked through Lonely Planet and they recommended a place to eat breakfast by the Jetty called the Equinox Cafe. So I went there, which had a fantastic view of the jetty, drank coffee, ate some breakfast and wrote my blog entry for the day before. I was told that there isn't much to do in Busselton except to see the jetty. It's the longest wooden jetty (structure?) in the southern hemisphere. It's about 1.8km long and has an underwater observatory at the end.

It's quite an interesting walk, with the boards switching from ratty, feel like you're going to fall through, boards to concrete which feels much more safe. It was a sunny day, so the views were very nice. I was going to go into the underwater observatory but i figured I see most of the stuff diving anyway and didn't want to spend another $20.

A few days after I was walking along the Busselton Jetty, there was an article in the paper saying the Jetty was temporarily closed due to safety concerns. So basically, I could have fell through the jetty planks, got eaten by a shark and died!!

dyevushka says: