A Day of Relaxation on Tsambika Beach

Rhodes Travel Blog

Beautiful views on Tsambika Beach

After a grueling day before in Athens, we were all exhausted.  Instead of going on another full day excursion, the ex and I decided to hang with his sister and her partner at the beach.  The storm we had been following on the first part of our cruise was gone and it was time to take in the beautiful warm sunshine.  Not so much the warm water though since it was the beginning of summer, the water was pretty darn cold!

We arrived at the beach early in the morning before tourists and locals started arriving and the four of us walked up and down for awhile on the beach collecting beautiful rocks which were tumbled by the water.  I ended up collecting quite a few and had decided to bring them  home for my floating candle bowl.

Other direction of view on Tsambika Beach
  Heck, it beats the rocks you buy in the store and these had meaning since I handpicked them off the beach in Rhodes! How many people can say THAT? :-)

As we headed back to the main area where we were going to be sunbathing and hanging out, I noticed a number of people had started arriving.  It was then that I noticed something I would prefer to never see again.  Completely forgot we were on the beach in Europe and well, yeah.....topless women!  You would think this would be good; however, all the topless ones I saw, really needed to be in full length parkas.  Oh my!  But it was like a train wreck.  I couldn't turn away! LOL.  Aaaacckkkk!

After an hour or so to adjust, I was back to staring at the beautiful water with not a care in the world, except when we were going to get another beer? :-)

After spending a wonderful morning on Tsambika beach and a wonderful afternoon wandering the city of Rhodes, it was time to say goodbye to this beautiful island.  As we were pretty late getting on the ship, we didn't have time to scope out a great place to watch the ship depart. We managed to scoot in and get a pretty good view to take some pictures as we pulled away.  Most everyone was on deck, taking advantage of the super warm day (one of our first on the trip) and watch the beautiful sun set.  Since it was my favorite stop on the cruise to date, it was really hard pulling away from Rhodes. Part of me wished we kinda did get stuck and miss boarding. LOL!
Beautiful views on Tsambika Beach
Other direction of view on Tsambik…
Other direction of view on Tsambi…
Hanging on Tsambika beach
Bye bye Rhodes! :-(
Bye bye Rhodes! :-(
Rhodes Sights & Attractions review
Medieval Town of Rhodes
The fortified city of Rhodes was definitely my favorite stop on the entire Mediterranean cruise! Another UNESCO World Heritage Site, Rhodes offers a … read entire review
Rhodes