AsiaChinaXi'an

Xi'an

Xi'an Travel Blog

Markets

We arrived into Xi'an at 7.30am got onto the bus and headed to the hotel. Thankfully it wasn't that cold in Xi'an. After checking into the hotel we all showered then met the group in the lobby for our orientation walk around Xi'an. Lilian showed us some of the local restaurants, markets, bell tower, drum tower and the subway.

After walking around one of the markets I ended up going with Kate and Siobhan to Wal Mart to get a few things, then called into Starbucks for a coffee.

I went back to the hotel to try the internet on my computer but it didn't work so I ended up going across the road to the internet cafe. The internet cafe was full of people all smoking and playing computer games.

After checking out the usual email, Facebook etc I came back to the hotel and took a nap before meeting the group for dinner. Lilian took us to a place which served steak, so we were all looking forward to getting some red meat into us. The steak ended up not being the best as it came on a sizzling plate with a pepper sauce that had so much pepper in it that it was hard to eat. With the meal we also got a fried egg, pasta and some beans.

After dinner we all felt like some ice cream so we walked to Hagen Daus and ate some really expensive ice cream. We were all planning to go and check out some of the local bars but no of us could really be bothered so we all went back to the hotel. I tried the internet again which now worked so I loaded up a heap of photos.

Bell tower