AsiaChinaSimatai

Ok everybody off the bus and start pushing!

Simatai Travel Blog

The Great Wall

Left at Simatai at 9am and it was very cold and because it was so cold the bus kept breaking down because the petrol was frozen and with no Anti-freeze, we ended up losing about half an hour in driving and didn't get back until a little bit after lunch. Myself, Danny, Suzanne, Hayley and Mario to TGI Fridays for lunch. After lunch I went back to our meeting point and sat around and people watched or should I say people watched me. Eventually Ruth walked past and came and sat with me until it was time to go to the train station.

We arrived at the train station, put our bags through security then went to the waiting room to board our train.

The Great Wall
Whilst waiting in the waiting room we felt all eyes were on us. We felt as through we were some kind of novelty act. It was really uncomfortable knowing that everyone was looking at us and we were so glad when we could finally board the train.

We were in the hard sleeper carriage which meant 6 to a bearth and not a lot of room. It wasn't too bad but there was so many people on the train it was hard to move around and organise our bags. I shared a bearth with Danny, Suzanne, Mario, Hayley and Lindsay. We ended up meeting some Chinese kids on the train who put on a little dance for us and spoke English to us. They were such cute kids and a lot of fun.

Lights went out at 10pm so we went to sleep, well tried to sleep on the rather hard beds and also with people standing around watching us.

Simatai