AsiaChinaXi'an

Ancient City Wall of Xi'an

Xi'an Travel Blog

The city wall

Woke up at 11.00 am and finished packing my bag as we were taking another train to Shanghai tonight. I took my bags to the day room which was Lindsay and Ruth's room then went with Danny, Suzanne and Lindsay to the ancient wall and hired tandem bikes and rode all the way round. It took us 1 ½ hours to ride all the way round. They weren't the best bikes either as Lindsay and my knees kept hitting the handle bars when we sat at the back and basically ended up sitting in the basket just so our knees wouldn't hit which then made our butts hurt, so we were doomed either way.

After the bike ride we walked to Walmart and the bakery and bought some supplies for the train. We then went back to the hotel and hung out there until it was time to go to the station to catch our train to Shanghai. At the station we were again stared at like we were from another planet. We are slowly getting used to it but it still freaks us out a bit.

We boarded the train at 7.50pm. This time I shared with Ruth, Mario and Hayley. I had to sleep on the middle bunk and I didn't sleep too well this time, plus I struggled to get up and down on to the bed and all the locals laughed at me. :(

Xi'an