AsiaChinaBeijing

8 Brits and an Aussie!

Beijing Travel Blog

Beijing Train Station

I woke up at 4am feeling like crap as it seems like my cold has returned with due force and I get my stuff ready to fly out to Beijing. After checking in my bags I went through the gates and decided to take up the offer of free WIFI at the airport.

I arrived in Beijing about lunch time and it was bloody cold! Thankfully I had the coat that I got made in Vietnam with me so it came in handy. I went to the ATM to get myself some Yuan for the cab fare and also to get some US dollars that I needed for my local payment and they almost ripped my off by $200 US, realizing their mistake after I had left the counter they found me and corrected it. Feeling a little stupid for not checking it myself I was then happily on my way to the cab rank and glad to be on my way to the hotel. I arrived at the hotel and jumped straight into bed for a Nana nap before meeting the group at 6pm.

I met the group in the bar on the 3rd floor of the hostel and they were all Brits, with me being the only Aussie! After getting all the formalities out of the way, we went and had our first group dinner at one of the local restaurants and tried a few of the local dishes such as Peking Duck. With the usual getting to know you chatter it ended up being an early night which I was so glad for as I was still pretty wrecked from the days traveling.

Beijing