Ubud

Ubud Travel Blog

Head work, Bali, Indonesia
I can't remember we had planned anything in particular for this day. We decided to enjoy the "Balinese atmosphere", watch the people, listen, smell... . Therefore we walked around the city the whole day. We visited a local market and had a look at some of the art studios. Oh, yes, and we looked around a small museum. Shame on me: I have forgotten which one it was. Perhaps the "Neka Art museum".

On our way through the city we also saw some women who were carrying beautiful oblations. Took some pictures. And, later, I almost ran into a local artist. We laughed and talked about this and that. He was amazed that I tried to speak Bahasa (...although I have to confess that I did not know more than 20-30 words). Turned out that he had been to Germany years ago and knew some people from a town a stone's throw away from my hometown. The world is so small! We talked for about half an hour. Only then he tried to sell us some of his paintings. All of them were very well done as far as I could see. But not our style. So we did not buy anything. If he was annoyed he did not show it. He smiled and waved us goodbye.
Flower, Bali (Indonesia)