Toya Bungkah --> Lovina Beach

Lowina Travel Blog

Lovina Beach, Bali, Indonesia
After having returned from Mt. Batur we checked out of our hotel and looked for a lift to the crater rim. At this point of time my right knee started aching. And I mean: really bad. When we had arrived in Penelokan I was hardly able to walk - to my own surprise. Since I was unable to carry my backpack any longer we decided to stay for a while and having lunch before heading on to Lovina Beach. We went to one of the restaurants at the rim which not only offered tasty food but also a spectacular view of the caldera. There I detected that there was a significant swelling at the kneecap. I cooled the knee and used some soothing ointment. After that it didn't get worse. An hour later we were on the bus to Lovina Beach at the noerhwestern coast of Bali.
Sunset at Lovina Beach, Bali (Indonesia)
The ache gradually diminished and my good mood returned to the same extent.

The best thing was yet to come. In Lovina we found a nice and beautiful hotel pretty close to the bus stop. They charged us only 5 Euro for a room that was spotlessly clean. There were colored blossoms on our bed and - for the first and only time - we had a bath tub!*** In addition to that the owner served a welcome tea. had we arrived in paradise? :-D We spent the rest of the day at the beach. The color of the sand was a dark brown, something we had never seen before. We watched some young guys who got a self built catamaran into the water and later enjoyed a beautiful sunset. Perfect.

I don't know whether Lovina Beach still is an insider tip. Back in 2001 it wasn't swarming with tourists. Compared to Kuta it was calm and peaceful. Probably not a place for party animals. But if you seek rest - go there.

*** Let me get this straight: I loved the traditional Indonesian "Mandi". Found it wonderful refreshing. But on that very day a hot bath was exactly what I wanted. :-)
Lovina Beach, Bali, Indonesia
Sunset at Lovina Beach, Bali (Indo…
Sunset at Lovina Beach, Bali (Ind…
Cock, Lovina Beach, Bali, Indonesia