Malang --> Batu --> Malang

Batu Travel Blog

The village of Batu is located some miles northwest of Malang on the slopes of the active volcano Mount Kelud. It hosts no principal touristical attractions. Although the whole region is famous for its apple plantations. We drove there mainly because Aaron had been born in a hospital at Batu. To tell this story I have to to speak verbosely. It had taken Doris and Michael almost six years until they finally got their working visa for Indonesia. They were so happy! Contrary to that they had eagerly hoped to have a child in all these years. But their wish had remained unfullfilled. Then, on the very day after they had gotten their visa, Doris found out that she was pregnant - a fact that carried many questions with it. Should she go to Indonesia and give birth to her child there? Or return to Germany for the birth without Michael? Although it was her first pregnancy and despite her age (37) she decided to go. Everything went smoothly. Kind of. She told it "quite exciting". :-)

mypictures4u says:
Hi Sandra :) Pfff... Batu. Has been many years ago. It was located a little bit outside the city if I remember correctly. I think it had been founded by foreigners. Americans? Maybe it was still run by foreigners back in 2001. But I am not sure. It was a huge central building with some smaller adjoining buildings. Those were connected by canopied pathways.
Posted on: Feb 07, 2010
SandraC89 says:

How are you? I'll like to visit Batu in October 2010. I like to have a intership in a Hospital or clinic in Batu. My aunt was born there, and her family still live there. Batu likes beautiful so I hope I can have a intership there. I read that Aaron has been born in a hospital at Batu, do you know where exactly and what kind or hospital this is? Maybe some one can help me?

With kind regards, Sandra