First out of region feis

Finglas Travel Blog

First in Slip Jig

Today is Feis day! My first feis out of region! For those who don't know much about Irish dance (approx. 7/8 of the worlds population :)  ) A feis is an Irish dance competition. I normally dance in the region Mainland Europe, and this feis was in Ireland, in the Leinster Region. So, that's why it's an out of region feis for me.

We took the bus at 8.45 from Parnell street to Finglas. We didn't know that in Irish buses you can only pay with coins, so we only had notes on us. The driver was so very nice: he told me 'no worries, love, just make sure you have some on your way back' He told us where to get off as well: Erin's Isle G.A.A. club. I was scheduled tot dance at approx. 2.30 PM, but since feiseanna (plural of feis) are a time zone on their one, Irish Feis Time, it was running behind.

First in Traditional
.at the end the delay was 4 hours! That's extreme, even for the Irish....

The feis was organised by Micheal and Mary, who happened to be the old teacher of my teacher. Micheal and Mary were so nice and welcoming. Micheal asked me several times if I was having fun and so on... I danced in Tus grad (primary, second level) first: and I got some very nice placements: 3rd in my reel, 1st in Slip Jig, 2nd in heavy jig and 1st in traditional set. Whoohoo!

I further on recieved a Highly recommended in my Mean Grad reel (intermediate, level 3), and 2 firsts in my bun grad (beginner, level 1) for my heavy jig and my traditional set. Those last 2 were the easiest: I was on my own, hahaha...but the throphies are nice new dust collectors :)

we were back at the hotel by 11.30PM, starving and armed with a nice bag of Burger King food

(this is the same entry as published in my Dublin blog)

liekevo says:
Gefeliciteerd met je prijzen! :)
Posted on: May 13, 2009