a change of plans

Puno Travel Blog

We collected our bags and set off in search of the tourist information.  We had planned on doing an overnight stay with a family on one of the islands but discovered the boats don’t returned to the mainland in time for us to catch our flight back to Lima.  We wandered around lost because none of the streets had signs on them.  We walked by a plaza with a brass band playing some peppy music.  I would have liked to stayed to listen but I wanted even more to get rid of my pack.

A kind woman pointed us toward the TI and we eventually found it. Sure enough, we wouldn’t be able to do the overnight stay.  Oh well.  So instead we went to the LAN (airline) office to change our flight.  We ended up with an earlier flight since we had already had enough of Puno.  The elevation here was 3,827 meters and I was feeling a little light headed.  With our new plan in place we found our way to our hotel.  Of course our room was three flights up and I was huffing and puffing by the time I got up there.  I would really like to think it was due to the altitude…

We weren’t up for much more than a walk to find food.  We found a little coffee shop and had warm drinks and a snack before bed.
Puno General Tips & Advice review
very relaxing, scenic trip
The train to Puno is an enjoyable and relaxing way to travel between Cusco and Puno on Lake Titicaca. The journey lasts an entire day and the train o… read entire review
Puno