Crazy coca museum and missing Thanksgiving dinner

Puno Travel Blog

"traditional Peruvian women"

We were dropped off at our hotel by our bus and we stopped home for a little rest that included watching the Simpson’s in Spanish.  We first went to the Coca museum.  This little place had the entire museum in one room with English posterboards describing the history and use of the coca plant.  It was interesting, but maybe not the best set up.  Coca is used to prevent altitude sickness and it's also the plant from which cocaine and coca cola comes from.  The other half of the museum was about costumes.  I’m not sure what costumes and coca have to do with each other though.  We watched a 15 minute video on traditional costumes and dances and then got a chance to try on a costume.  Ha ha!  I look like a Peruvian woman complete with long black braids!

After the museum we went to a restaurant for supper.  I was tired and ready for bed but the other girls decided they wanted a nice Thanksgiving dinner with wine.  I was having a hard time keeping my eyes open, especially by their second glass of wine.  I’m definitely NOT the life of the party tonight!  There was some cover of the Beatles playing, a woman singing lite music, and it was driving me crazy.  I just wanted to go home and pack and go to bed.  And eventually we did.
traditional Peruvian women