A minor case of Bangkok belly

Bangkok Travel Blog

As it was Sunday I headed north to a big market that is only on at weekends.  It was so huge I only managed to walk around about half of it before I felt like I was going to die of heatstroke!  There was a live animal section in the market full of tiny puppies and kittens - they were all so cute and appeared to be well cared for, but I guess you can't really tell at a glance.  By midday I felt like I was going to pass out with the heat, so I headed back to the hostel for the afternoon.  There was a new girl in my dorm - Tess an 18 year old British girl doing a solo round the world trip in the other direction to me.  She needed to go shopping but was nervous about stepping out alone so we got some food at a restaurant near the hostel, then headed to a huge shopping centre.  We both had Thai green curry - it was the best one I've ever had, but quite spicy!  After the shopping centre, I took Tess to the night market I went to yesterday.  She is an amazing haggler -she got a watch down from 1,300 Baht to 250!!!  Back at the hostel, the curry from earlier was obviously not sitting right in my tummy but one quick trip to the toilet cleared things out pretty quick!  We headed to the huge TV room to watch crap and talk to a Canadian guy Matt until crawling into bed about midnight.
Bangkok