My last day in Thailand

Bangkok Travel Blog

Managed to sleep quite late by woke up covered in bed bug bites!  Not happy!!  I ate breakfast then said goodbye to Terry who was worried he might die if I wasn't there to supervise him.  Took a motorbike taxi to the bus station - with a full pack on!  On the airport bus, the driver was chatting me up.  He gave me his phone number and kissed my hand when I got off - the British couple sitting behind me were laughing.  Just before my plane was due to take off, a huge storm rolled in and all flights were grounded.  We finally left about an hour and a half late, and after some horrible turbulance and a few circles around Bangkok airport we arrived.  Spent the next hour waiting for my luggage to turn up, so was glad to finally reach the airport hotel after dark.  After a week in Koh Phi Phi, the room was like heavon - air con, hot shower, flushing toilet, toilet paper....!  The hotel restaurant only had 2 veggie dishes, one was which was off so I had to eat a huge plate of spring rolls which were yummy but very greasy.  I felt totally sick after a plate full, and woke up in the night thinking I might hurl.
photo by: halilee