A day at the beach

Phuket Travel Blog

Two British girls I had been chatting to the night before invited me to Patong beach so we jumped in a bus and off we went.  It was the most touristy place I've seen so far on this trip.  There was no room to sit on the sand as the beach was totally full of deck chairs.  People followed us all up and down the beach trying to sell us waterskiing, food, jewellry, suncream.....it was a bit of a nightmare.  As we were chatting it turned out that all three of us went to the same uni, did the same course and stayed in the same halls in the same year, but we didn't know each other!  Small world!  After walking around a market and stopping for a beer we headed back to Phuket town.  In the hostel there was a big group of people heading out because it was one girl's birthday.  Fiona, Steph and I elected to join.  There were so many of us we took over a whole pub drinking & playing pool.  By the end of the night we had also taken over the DJ booth and the microphone and the owners of the bar couldn't get rid of us.  They eventually piled us all into the back of the van that transports the beer and gave us a free ride home.  Back at the hostel everyone had a craving for pizza but all we could find was noodles and a dodgy hotdog from 7-11.
Phuket