A day with Dan

Adelaide Travel Blog

Dan and I woke up early as we were meeting Dan's friends at 10 in the central market.  They are a young married American couple who are working on the same project as Dan for his sustainable living course.  We had breakfast first which was tricky as Dan is a veggie and Lauren & Michael are vegans.  I ordered veggie too as I didn't want to be the only meat eater at the table, but the cafe messed up my order and I ended up eating a chicken pastry - there was seriously about 7 chickens worth of meat in this thing - so embarrassing!  We drove out to Dan's parent's beach house near Port Wollanga to take measurements and soil samples for the project.  It was really hot and everyone got burned (except me how stayed in the shade!).  After a few exhausting hours of work we headed to a cafe for food and drinks followed by ice-cream.  After saying goodbye to Michael and Lauren, Dan and I headed back to his where Dan's mum made me tea and they tried to explain the rules of AFL to me.  Dan and I stayed up watching Arj Barker and Henry Rollins stuff on Youtube until the early hours, then headed to bed.
Adelaide