A boring yet eventful day

Adelaide Travel Blog

My flight to Adelaide was not until 5:30 but I had to check out of the hostel in Sydney by 10, so I spent the morning and the afternoon not knowing what to do with myself.  I walked up to Circular Quay then wasn't sure why I was there so walked all the way back again.  Used up all my internet time in the hostel, then bought a magazine and read that for an hour or so before heading to the airport.  Just as we were supposed to take off, a thunder storm descended over Sydney and we had to sit on the tarmac and wait for it to clear before we could take off.  Taking off threequarters of an hour late, most of the 2 hour flight was really bumpy and I was terrified.  Luckily I was sitting in between a lovely man in his 40s who travels all the time for work and a woman in her 60s who was a retired pilot.  They were both super calm and kept me talking the whole flight to take my mind off the terror!  Dan met me off the plane in Adelaide and drove us to a funky cafe in North Adelaide called Elephant Walk - it had loads of varieties of tea and coffee, and vegan cakes.  Afterwards we were going to have a scenic drive through the park, but we witnessed a motorbike accident and had to stop and help and wait for the police/ambulance etc.  The guy was not wearing proper gear and was messing about when he lost control of the bike - his foot was totally skinned - you could see the inside of it.  Pretty gross!  After that it was getting late and we were both a bit grossed out so we called it a night and Dan dropped me at my hostel.
photo by: shirlan