The big buddha

Hong Kong Travel Blog

Had to be up at 11 to ,eet Charlotte at 12 which was a real struggle.  No sleep and a massive hangover are not a good combination when going to see the big buddha.  It was a really long MRT journey followed by a really long bus journey on bumpy roads over hills....I felt properly gross by the time we finally got there.  We had a look around, took some photos and stopped for a snack before looking around a nearby monestary as well.  It was getting late and we were meeting Taj at 6 so we high-tailed it back to Kowloon and made it just in time.  With Taj in tow we headed off for food.  We settled on a local place - there was no english menu so we had to go by the pictures and our lovely waitress who spoke excellent english.  The food was really good.  We were all tired after last night, and it was raining, so imstead of going back over to Hong Kong island, we went back to the bar in Taj's hotel to take advantage of happy hour.  As i was still hungover I didn't intend to drink much, but I ended up having 4 massive glasses of wine.  Staggering home around 11 I headed straight to bed knowing that I was going to feel like crap again tomorrow.
Charlotte & me