The beach

Koh Phi Phi Travel Blog

The beach from 'The beach'
A British couple Claire & Nick and an Aussie guy called Terry decided to head over to Phi Phi with me, so at 8:30am we piled onto the big ferry and set off.  The boat moved way more than I was confortable with (I'm terrified of boats), but it wasn't that bad.  We sat right at the front. and the sun was beating down for 2 hours.  My legs got properly sunburned and I'll probably never get rid of the lines left by my shorts!  On the way, the boat stopped at the beach where they filmed 'The Beach' - pretty cool!  Finally on the island, we went looking for a room and ended up in the Rock - a place with dorm rooms.  The matresses where rock hard (hence the name?!) and the toilets and showers were beyond disguisting - no hot water, no flush, no loo roll, nowhere to wash your hands...  We went for lunch by the beach and then headed for a swim.  A guy in the hostel had warned us not to swim at that beach because there is sewage in it, and when we got in we could see loads of brown bits floating around - we got out pretty quickly!  Later on we headed out to get more food - I had veggie burger & chips which made a nice change from fried vegetables and noodles!  Then we headed to a bar on the beach to watch fire poi - the Thai guys were awesome!  Next was a place called Reggae bar where people could get up and thai box for fun.  Two professional fighters had a go and it was brutal - at one point they both flew over the railing and landed on a table where people were drinking!  Later still we headed back to the beach.  Terry was really drunk by this point and managed to get hold of a fire stick.  He swirled it around his head and legs and got really burned - there was blood dripping down his face.  At the bar we drank 'buckets' of vodka redbull (literally buckets!) and danced for hours.  Crawled into bed around 2 or 3 but not before a very drunk Terry had woken up the whole dorm room.
The beach from The beach
The beach from 'The beach'