Trains, planes & automobiles

San Diego Travel Blog

I left plenty of time to make my flight from JFK to LAX, but arrived to realise that my flight time had been pulled forward from 11:00 to 10:25.  According to the self service check in machine I had EXACTLY 45 minutes until the flight left - 'that's lucky' I thought.  Not so much.  The cut-off for check-in is 45 minutes, so I literally missed it by less than a minute!  In a total panic, I stood in the world's longest queue to get to speak to an AA employee, but I didn't need to worry as she just transferred me to the next flight at no extra charge.  Phew!  Only problem was, the later flight was delayed by 2 hours, so I didn't reach LAX until gone 4, and I knew I still had a 3 hour train ride to San Diego in front of me.  The bus to Union station took the best part of an hour as LA is huge and it was rush hour, and when I got there, it was over 2 hours until the next train.  By this time I was so bored of sitting around all day, and so tired from all the travel that I struggled to keep my eyes open.  I was asleep before the train even pulled out of LA, and stayed that way until we reached San Diego.  In typical style, when I finally reached teh hostel and my longed for bed, I found it hard to sleep!
San Diego