AsiaIndiaMumbai

Things are looking infinately better

Mumbai Travel Blog

Bookseller on the street

I woke up this morning in a much better mood - my room didn't even seem to smell as bad as yesterday.  I am a little annoyed about my crying at the airport yesterday - I am generally not a crier, as it does nothing to help any situation.  I'm annoyed that I let Mumbai get the better of me especially as I have come so far without drama.  Oh well, whats done is done.  I ordered breakfast which was tea and toast, and just lovely.  I was aware that I needed to find cash, loo roll and a guide book/map stat, as I had no idea where in the city I was or what there was to do.  Stepping out into the blazing heat, people said good morning to me and A lovely lady gave me directions to the nearest ATM.  It turns out my hotel is in tourist central, so within 10 minutes I had cash, loo roll and a guidebook.

Things are definitely looking better today!

I hopped in a taxi to the 'centre' of the city to see some sights, but most of them where covered in scaffolding which was annoying.  At a loss as to waht to do for the rest of the day, I headed back to the hotel for a much needed shower, and handed my laundry over to be done.  I needed to buy a long sleeve top to keep the mozzies away from me in Goa, so I went and did that, before going to Leopold's cafe for dinner around 5 (early I know but I was starving!).  After eating vegetable curry I stayed to have a couple of beers and read my book.  A dutch guy sitting on his own came over to see if I wanted to join him which I did.  We drank and chatted for a while before heading to the water front to chat some more.  We parted ways around 8 - he went to catch a train to Goa, I went back to my room to watch TV.

yashrathore says:
why did you cry in the first place???
Posted on: Jul 28, 2013