One step from home!

Mumbai Travel Blog

I was super excited to be on the move and on my way back home.  The wait in the airport was long -I read an entire book before I boarded the plane.  It was getting late by the time we landed back in Mumbai, and all I wanted to do was get to the hotel and sleep.  As soon as I walked out the day I was accosted by a swarm of taxi drivers, but I was saved by a lovely lady who pulled me from the crowd and led me to an official metered taxi.  Shee was Indian but had spent 6 years living in the US so was sympathetic to the way foreigners are treated in India.  I was very glad of her help.  I had booked an airport hotel, but the drive took forever and the driver got lost, taking me round the same pot-holed roads over and over again.  I was exhausted and dizzy when we finally reached the hotel after stopping to ask directions from several different people.

I gave a small tip to the guy who carryed my bag to my room which was a big mistake.  He came back every 5 minutes with different things for me - looking for another tip.  The room was dirty and smelly as I am getting used to in India but was happy in the knowledge that I would be home tomorrow.

photo by: vvicy1