AsiaIndiaMumbai

Museum

Mumbai Travel Blog

The museum

I woke up early today due to a baby in the room next to mine making a huge amount of noise.  I ate breakfast then headed to the art museum that I had heard was supposed to be pretty good.  It was, but as I was one of only a handful of westerners there, I got stared at quite a lot by men women and children.  Its quite unnerving to be studying the museum map to look up and find a small crowd standing over you!  It was very very hot and I had a vague stomach ache that wouldn't go away so I stayed for a little over an hour then headed back to the hotel via a local cottage craft centre. As it was still only lunchtime I went in search of a post office nd was successful, then an internet cafe and was successful.  In the afternoon I took a shower, read some more of War & Peace (I'm determined to finish it before I get home even though its so boring I have no idea what is going on any more!), and tried to get my laundry back but its not ready yet.

I managed to piece together an outfit from some of the less sweat soaked dirty clothes I had and headed to Leopolds for dinner about 6.

Sitting there alone I noticed all the bullet holes decorating the walls and mirrors in the restaurant - a reminder of what had happened here only a few months before.  It was pretty intense knowing I was sitting in a piece of history.  I get the same feeling walking the back streets of Budapest when the buildings are full of bullet holes from WW11.  After a couple f beers I was feeling brave to I went to speak to a French guy who was sitting alone.  We drank and chatted for a bit then he headed off in search of food and I headed home around 10:30 - got to be up to catch a flight tomorrow!

Mumbai