Jungle trekking

CoraL Coast Travel Blog

I woke up late this morning, had breakfast then decided to go on the jungle trek put on by the hostel.  The guide had lived in the villiage his whole life and told us how it had been built up from a hamlet of only 2 houses to now more than 20.  The villiage had received funding from Christians in Korea who had given money to build a church and a school.  In the jungle our guide showed us the different plants and their medicinal properties, and how to tell if bamboo is ready to harvest or not.  He also showed us how Fijian people use bamboo to catch and cook prawns and then sculpt them into plates to eat off of.  We hiked for about an hour to a waterfall where we could go swimming and climb on the rocks - the hike was quite hard and my shoes got cacked in mud.
  The way back was not so bad, but by the time we returned to the hostel it was raining again.  When the rain got really heavy, I spent a couple of hours on the internet uploaded photos.  At 5:00, Lena - a swedish girl in my dorm - and I went horseriding up a hill outside the villiage.  My horse was called Billy - he was a stallion and the first thing he did was try and dump me in the sea water!  When we came back down the hill we rode along the beach and through the water -I haven't ridden for a couple of years so it was great fun!  Afterwards we ate dinner and evryone played a drinking game where you have to clap in a rythm and mine musical instruments -iut was hilarious!  Late at night some people drink cava but I wasn't feeling brave enough to just watched.
CoraL Coast