Journey into little India

Singapore Travel Blog

Today I headed to the Malaysian quarter followed by little India. I walked around the busy streets and saw several pretty temples.  At lunchtime I headed to the habour front to try and find the Tiger beer brand promotion centre.  I stopped in a foodcourt to try and get some lunch - this time I managed to cobble together a veggie/noodle combo meal which was yummy.  I found the Tiger beer place which was ok, but a bit cheesy - there were lots of videos going on about the great taste of Tiger beer etc.  I did get to pour my own pint at the end of the tour though and sat drinking with the staff who didn't seem to have a lot to do!  I went a bit crazy in the gist shop and bought a couple of expensive t-shirts.  They are super cool though!  When I was ready to leave, one of the guys walked me to the bus station and made sure I got on the right bus home.  Back in the hostel I got talking to Solik - a Brit of Indian descent.  He was up for getting a curry so we headed back to little India and found a busy place to eat.  People were eating curry off of banana leaves using their hands - I'm really in Asia now!  Afterwards, we had a couple of expensive beers in a bar, then headed back to the hostel where Solik kicked my arse at pool several times.