Indian drugs required

Calangute Travel Blog

I woke up in the middle of the night with my face in agony.  After taking a decongestant I managed to get back to sleep but decided that I would have to get some anti-biotics today to sort out this infection. Luckily anti-biotics don't require a doctors prescription in India, so Sam gave me a lift on the scooter to the pharmacy and I picked up some dodgy looking pills for next to no money.  I am slightly concerned at the packaging that says 'WARNING - To be sold by relation of the prescription of a Regional Medical Practitioner only' on it, although I'm in so much pain I don't see what choice I really have.  I sunbathed by the pool for a bit before meeting up with the others to go to the beach.  After more sunbathing we headed back and eventually out to dinner.  I had a pizza and it was lush - I know its cheating to eat western food in Asia but felt so ill, it was a great comfort to eat familiar things.  Plus, everyone was a bit scared of getting ill after what happened to Adam and Sam earlier in the week!  I passed on after dinner drinks with the others as I was in too much pain to enjoy it.

photo by: vishal_