Home sweet home

Adelaide Travel Blog

Today I finally caved and paid huge amounts of money for a copy of Down Under by Bill Bryson which I have been itching to re-read since I got here (books are so expensive in Australia!).  After another afternoon of reading I got a call from Jake - a British guy who lives in Adelaide and is going to rent his room to me for a month while he goes home.  He was really nice and had a super-cool car.  He drove me over to see the house which was a bit dirty in a student house kind of way, but was huge and had bags of character.  The garden had sofas set up under vines - there were grapes hanging down and we ate some!  Afterwards we walked through the neighbourhood for a bit so Jake could show me where the supermarket and everythng else is, then we had a couple of beers and played some pool.  Back at the hostel me and another girl from my dorm were supposed to be going on the hostel pubcrawl, but it had been cancelled so we headed out alone to find a bar with live music.  We ended up in the Exeter where Dan had taken me on my first night in Adelaide a couple of weeks ago.
photo by: shirlan