London Travel Blog

I was awoken early by the guy who works at the hotel.  He was clocking off in 10 minutes and wanted to know if I needed anything (read:  He wanted to see if he could get another tip out me before he left).  I can't wait to leave this place!  Due to my early wake up call I got to the airport really early and spent what seemed like forever wandering around trying to avoid the families with the screaming kids.  Finally on the plane, it was packed out, but a pretty old model.  There was no choice of TV, just a schedule that was repeated twice throughout the duration.  There was mild turbulance for much of the 9 hour flight and I took much enjoyment in watching the same people get up to go to the toilet and having to go and sit doen when the seatbelt signs came on over and over again!  During one quite bad bout I went to grab the armrest and accidently grabbed the leg of the man sitting next to me!  The last 2 hours seemed like the longest of my life, but as we descended over London it was an uncharacteristicly clear day and I could have wept with happiness when I saw Battersea powerstation shining the sunlight.  I'm home!
photo by: ulysses