First (and hopefully last) snow

Philadelphia Travel Blog

The gang in NY
Today I was up early to check out and meet Dan & Vicky as Dan had promised me a photography lesson.  It was bitterly cold so we walked down to south street and immediatekly had to stop for a coffee to warm up.  After that we spent the morning/early afternoon pratting about taking silly photos of each other until it was time for me to head back to NY.  It was sad saying goodbye to those guys.  The train ride was only 1:15, but as usual I attracted the local nutter - this time a 60 year old guy who was obsessed with the Vietman war.  He explained to be in great detail the difference between US and British military equipment, and forced me (literally!) to listen to the same song on his CD player over and over.  The best part was that he would sporadically burst into song (always songs featured in films about Vietnam of course), making everyone else in the carriage turn around and stare.  When he finally got off in Newark, evertone around me came over to see if I was ok - sooooo embarrassing!  I finally made it to my friend Geoff's appartment in Murray Hill around 8:00.  He already had some pizza and a vodka coke waiting for me - he knows me too well!  We hit the town at 10 - running through the snow that was now falling, meeting up with a few more friends - Connie, Lea, Megan & her boyfriend.  I somehow managed to get really drunk really quickly, but not as quickly as Geoff who bailed at what must have been about 2:00.  I went with and had one of those aweful drunk sleeps were you toss & turn and wake up feeling like poo.
photo by: Ann_Hells