Day at the museum

New York Travel Blog

I planned to hang out in the hostel and do nothing today in an attempt to save money as I had plans to go out with my NY friend Lea in the evening.  After checking my e-mails in the morning, turns out Lea was too tired from her recent trip to thr UK to make our date, so I walked through the park to the natural history museum instead.  I got hungry and foot tired around 1:30,s o I got the subway back to the hostel for lunch, then hung out in the TV room all afternoon.  Got chatting to one of my dorm mates - a Japanese guy called Yohey.  He had been living in the US for 9 years but had recently lost his job and was returning home to Japan.  I told him of my plans to see the Christmas tree lights at Rockefeller be switched on that evening, and he decided to join me.  Well, it was a good idea in theory, but all of NY apparently had the same idea, so after an hour of being herded around barriers set out by the NYPD and ending up no-where near the tree, we gave up and went to the Viewlounge in the Marriot Times Square instead.  The view really was incredible even if the constantly revolving floor made me a bit dizzy!  After one rather pricey, but alcoholic,  Manhattan I felt pretty drunk so we called it a night and headed home about 10pm.
New York