Day 1 London to New York

New York Travel Blog

Today was seriously LONG.  Left Basingstoke, UK at 7:30 am to catch the 11:00 flight to JFK from Heathrow Terminal 5.  We were late taking off for some reason, but I didn't really mind because I knew I would crash out from the jetlag when I got to NY so it wasn't wasting the day.  It was one of the worst flights I've ever had - I don't fly well at the best of times, but we hit some really bad turbulance a couple of times that really freaked me out.  When we finally did get to NY we had to circle for the best part of an hour because the airport was busy!

Bad flight forgotten as soon as we touched down - I was really happy & excited to be back in NY.  Thought I'd be all backpacker like and take the subway from JFK rather than a taxi....it took hours and I had to walk the last 2 blocks in howling wind and rain - great idea!

It was too late to get upto much once I arrived at the hostel, so I made do with eating some soup from teh deli next door, a hot shower and a very early night.  It's pretty scary being here all alone - worse than I thought it would be on my first night.  Oh well, tomorrow is another day...

Koralifix says:
Congrats on today's feature! Good on you!
Posted on: Nov 20, 2009