Bring on the relaxation

Calangute Travel Blog

Palm trees reflected in my morning cup of tea

I am looking forward to chilling out this week and doing nothing - I am literally bankrupt so going to try and spend minimul money. This morning I went to explore the town -one of the boys from the hotel showed me the way as the hotel is of the main road - you have to walk along an unlit dirt track passed an aggressive dog.  This will make it rather difficult for me to go out eating & drinking in the evenings and I'm here for a week!  In town I picked up some water, snacks and paper that i needed, then wandered through the town to the beach .  The beach was full of Indian families all covered up even in the water - there goes my idea of getting some last minute sanbathing in then!  I headed bak to the hotel to sunbathe by the pool instead.

On the way back I bought some beautiful pashminas and a book from a wonderful secondhand bookshop.  I got a few 'hellos' and lewd comments from guys on the way back, confirming that I will probably be spending most of this week hiding in the safety of the hotel grounds.

I spent the rest of the day sunbathing by the pool and reading, then headed down to the bar at about 6.  Whilst having a beer a British guy came down and started chatting to me.  Him and his girlfriend had made friends with another British couple staying in the hotel and they invited me to join them for dinner in town.  I gladly accepted and the 5 of us set off on their 2 rented scooters.  We ate dinner then headed to a bar for a few beers.  On the way we were pulled over by the police for having 3 people on a scooter.  They wanted 1000 rupees but we said that we only had 600 so they accepted that - total RIP OFF!!  Later on we headed to a quiet bar on the beach and relaxed with a beer to the sounds of the waves.  Unfortunately the side of my face now feels like I've been hit with a baseball bat - I think the combination of my Hong Kong cold and the 2 flights yesterday have given me a sinus infection.  We headed home about midnight and all agreed to meet at 10:30 the next morning to go to a market in a nearby town.

malibu1981 says:
From the comments it felt like you were staying in the hotel near baga beach i.e larissa. We too were welcomed by that big black dog.
Posted on: Aug 16, 2014
Palm trees reflected in my morning…
Palm trees reflected in my mornin…
Calangute