The Blue Mountains

Katoomba Travel Blog

Today we took a 2 hour train ride out of the city to Katoomba.  The track was quite twisty so I felt really ill by the time we got there.  The train fare was cheap, and at Katoomba we paid $20 for an all day trolley pass to see the mountains.  First we got off at Leura and had a look at the shops, eating lunch at a lovely cafe.  Then we walked to Gordan Falls that had incredible views across to the mountains and down to lush forest below.  Next we walked through the woods to Leura Falls - a beautiful waterfall.  By this time we were exhausted, so we hopped on the trolley to the visitor centre and drank a half bottle of wine whilst admiring the view.  We saw wild cats & eagles and on the path the the 3 sisters we saw a parakeet!  The path down was really steep and a bit scary but the view was awesome.

Back in Sydney we really fancied pizza but walked for ages without finding a take away place.  So, Kerry headed back to the room and I went on a mission to find Dominoes.  Once eventually found, the queue was huge and EVEYONE in there was British.  I finally returned with a pizza, and we watched Batman, drank wine & ate the pizza.

Katoomba