Another new country

Hong Kong Travel Blog

I slept in until 11 and woke up with a bit of a head cold.  At the airport it took ages to find anywhere to eat that had veggie food - there were thousands of shops though!  I was really nervous about the flighjt after yestyerdays, and it was a bit bumby at first, but geberally fine.  Air China give you a personal TV to watch films on, so the time passed really quickly.  Arriving in Hong Kong I took a bus into the city.  My fisrt glimse of the skyline reminded me of manhatten -just what I had hoped for!  I got of  the bus at the wrong stop so was totally lost and after wandering around with a full pack in the dark clutching a map for 10 minutes I was starting to feel a bit scared, and asked a young couple for directions.  They were lovely, and led me all the way to the hostel door, even coming inside to check it was the right place.  I dumped my stuff and headed across the road to 7/11 to get some food.  The street was full of people and the roads full of cars even at that time of night - again reminding me of New York.  I've wanted to see Hong Kong for such a long time, and so far I love what I see!  I ate and read in my tiny room until 11 before going to sleep.